Social Icons

Saturday 16 March 2013

Back in the saddle



Well hello there! As promised I've come back to the bloggerverse with almost a year of absence. I don't expect there to be many of you lovely people left here waiting for me but a big hi-five and thank you to those of you that are still here! 
Now that the distractions that were taking up my attention are over I can return to this blog with the energy and ideas that it deserves. As you can see, I have been doing a little spring cleaning - out with the old and in with the new. New layout, new design and - most importantly - new content. 
In my absence from blogging I have been sporadically reading blogs I admire and taking the odd mental note here and there to help me when I eventually retuned. This new blog isn't perfect but it's on it's way to being what I want it to be. I had previously been making do with what had been immediately available instead of thinking outside the box and making more of an effort (ironically something I always encourage in others but had stopped doing myself). Things like picture quality, using social media and networking with other bloggers had taken a total backseat and I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. Bloglovin', Pintrest and #bbloggers chat over on Twitter are things that I have been aware of but haven't had the time or (sometimes) know-how to get involved in. So, one step at a time I will get involved instead of silently standing at the side of the playground. If you have any tips or handy hints to help me along the way or can think of anything else I might like please get in touch by emailing me at misswestendgirl@hotmail.co.uk , tweet me @misswestendgirl or feel free to leave a comment below!
Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated! 
I have updated my 'about' section of the blog so you can see what kinds of things that I will be blogging about. Not too much has changed in that respect since i was last here but as this blog has evolved over the last few years I feel that it is important to say what I am all about and the blog too. I don't want to pigeonhole myself into 'just fashion' or 'just beauty' (etc) because I like too many things and want to blog about all of them. I guess 'lifestyle blog' has a wider spectrum of what to expect content-wise so until I think of a better description we can stick with it for now. I have also updated it to reveal a little more about me personally too - I think it is nice to know a little about the person behind the blog and most of the other blogs I read have that quality so it is one of the main changes content-wise that will start to show. 
I'd also like to (in the future) look at maybe organising giveaways and things like that but that is something that will come later, once I have the rest figured out! 

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and hope you'll stick around with me to see how it goes. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment