Social Icons

Monday 13 May 2013

Weekend Wear: Warehouse Wandering

So it's May and the weather is still horrible. We had one freakishly lovely day on Tuesday and it has been raining ever since. SADFACE! I'm dying to wear all my cute summer dresses but it's hard to justify it when everyone else is still wearing scarves and coats. It also means that whenever you go out, you turn up to your destination looking a bit bedraggled and mildly-traumatised-looking (if you're anything like me...). Not cool, weather gods. 

When The Boy and I went to SWG3 this weekend, it was cold, wet and truly miserable outside. A cardigan was definitely an essential so I wore my H&M leopard cardigan to add a pop of sunshine to the dreary weather. It's one of the brightest items in my wardrobe, I love it. I wore it with my NFD (new favourite dress) - a speckled purple Topshop cotton t-shirt dress that I can see myself living in in the coming months. This baby will go with everything. I had been silly enough to wear ballet flats during the day and my feet were soaked so it was time to call in the big guns for the evening in the form of my shiny, violet Doc Martens.

For those of you who haven't been to SWG3, it is a converted warehouse now home to a multi-functional facility and venue. It hosts a diverse range of events, exhibitions, performances and programmes. I was a bit skeptical at first but it is a huge space and after visiting it this weekend, I'd like to go back and see what a gig or art exhibition might be like.

I wore Louise Gray x Topshop lipstick in Legend which isn't very prominent-looking in the pictures due to the low lighting of the warehouse but it is a shocking pink very deserving of its name! I also wore accessories by Tatty Devine and H&M (I'm actually wearing a small feather fascinator from H&M's Fashion Against AIDS collection from last year but it is totally invisible in these photos due the the lighting and my wind-beaten hair!).


What did you wear this weekend? Did you avoid getting soaked? Do you have an NFD of the moment?

Thanks (as always) for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment