Social Icons

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Cure for the Mid-week Blues #7

Wednesdays. The mid-week hump. Where the weekend seems like a happy memory and you've still got the rest of the week to go. Some people are saying that Wednesdays are the toughest day of the week to stay feeling energised and it's easy to see why. But I'm all about staying positive, so in my Cure for the Mid-week Blues mini-series, I'll be dishing out my top tips to keep those warm and fuzzy feelings going all week long...

Each week when I come to write this feature, I consider what makes me feel happy, inspired , relaxed or motivated. Some of the activities I write about involve taking the time to do something with a positive payoff at the end, and others are virtually effortless. Some of them involve other people, and some of them are a solitary exercise. I have suggested things that can take place outdoors and others that you can do at home. This week, I'm going to suggest something that you can do alone, with others, indoors, outdoors and (BONUS) it's one of the most simple tips yet...


 I love to laugh. Not much makes me feel happier or more like myself than having a good old giggle until my sides hurt and tears are welling in my eyes. They say laughter is the best medicine and I don't know if it was a qualified doctor that coined that phrase, but whoever it may have been was one smart cookie. This week I am encouraging laughter in all forms, so have a think about what has you in stitches. Is it that cleverly written article you just haven't had the heart to throw out? An episode of your favourite comedy series that you've seen a million times but still has you screeching with laughter? Maybe it's that awful joke that you shouldn't laugh at but you still do. Take the time this week to do whatever it is that tickles you.

Spending time with good friends and laughing about all the daft things you used to get up to when you were younger (or maybe just stuff that happened last week!) is one of the things that makes me happiest. I did it this week and I felt totally content. I think laughing is good for the soul (maaan) and I try to do it as often as possible. I have also found that laughing can help me on paticularly chaotic days as a minute or two of humour can have a surprisingly soothing effect!

So this week, make sure you go get your giggle on. It can be as quick or time-consuming as you like and no matter how much of a mid-week slump you're feeling, I can almost guarantee you'll feel amazing after letting out the laughs.

Have a fantastic week and let the LOLs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment