Social Icons

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Cure for the Mid-week Blues #8

Wednesdays. The mid-week hump. Where the weekend seems like a happy memory and you've still got the rest of the week to go. Some people are saying that Wednesdays are the toughest day of the week to stay feeling energised and it's easy to see why. But I'm all about staying positive, so in my Cure for the Mid-week Blues mini-series, I'll be dishing out my top tips to keep those warm and fuzzy feelings going all week long...

In my last post I blogged about my trip to the zoo. Spending a day in close proximity to so many animals made me really happy and from what I could see, it had the same smile-inducing effect on the other visitors too! It got me thinking about animals and people and I was inspired to write this week's post on beating the blues. So this week's tip is...

Some people get a kick out of holding a baby, but I'd rather be cuddling a kitten or playing with a puppy (no offence babies, it's just the way it is). Spending a bit of time around animals can be really relaxing - for example sitting with a cat purring on your lap (such a nice feeling!) or watching some tropical fish swim around (I know fish aren't technically furry but still...). Going for a long walk with your pooch can also be a great way to clear your mind. I've been reading articles about how the relationship between people and animals can be so strong and have positive effects on our moods. This is especially true with domestic animals, which can often sense when you need cheering up (aww).

I don't have a pet at the moment, so for me a trip to the zoo recently was an awesome treat (I wanted to take all of the bears home...now that's a car journey I'd love to see!). I also love the fact that some of my friends have pets! In the West End, I've made many little trips to the Botanic Gardens to watch the koi fish and think about nothing for five minutes. The hypnotic effect is really soothing!

So this week, make a bit of time to hang out with an animal (or a whole menagerie!) and feel the furry - or scaly, or feathered - vibes!

Have a wild week!

No comments:

Post a Comment